Friday, January 07, 2011

The New And The Old



Last night I finished reading Sin and Surrender by Julia Latham. I must say I did enjoy it very much.  This appears to be the sixth book in her League of the Blade series.  Wouldn't you know, I end up reading the latest in a series without having read the others first. I seem to be doing that a lot lately. However, since I took on the job of Review Editor/Book Reviewer, I've had the opportunity to read authors I'd never hear of before.  I've only got like 6 series now that I want to read.  I can feel my butt widening from just sitting and reading. LOL  I need a treadmill so I can walk while I read.

One of the things I'll be doing here is posting links to the reviews I write for MyShelf.com.  However, any books I read on my own I'll also review here.  Some will be new releases and some will be older.  Sometimes it's good to go back to the older books so you can appreciate the newer ones.

Every so often I go back and read old favorites.  My two oldest favorites are Kathleen Woodiwiss and Bertrice Small.  In fact, the very first romance novel I read was The Flame and The Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss.  That book grabbed me and I've been hooked on Historical Romances ever since.  Bertrice Small's Skye O'Malley saga was my first series.  I still cry when I get to the part where Skye dies an old matriarch with an incredible legacy.  It's like loosing an old friend.  I did the same when I found out that Kathleen had passed away.  I was so sad.

One of the newer series that I got hooked on was Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series.  I had never read her before.  Well, one book was all it took.  I was hooked big time!  I started going to the library and in no time at all I had made it through every book in that series plus all her others as well.  I had never read paranormals before.  I do now. 

I am a little pickier about the paranormals.  I've read a couple now for reviews that I didn't care for too much.  I don't mind the good vs evil plots.  That's a given.  What I don't like is when they get too gory.  That I can do without.  Christina Dodd's Chosen series is another one I like too.  I haven't gotten to any other of her books yet, but I will.

Well, that's about it for today.  I have a review to write and then off to the next book for review.  It should prove to be interesting.  Blood of the Rose by Kate Pearce.  It's the second book for her in The Tudor Vampire Chronicles with a release date of February 1, 2011. 

See ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Linda,
    thank you for entering my "Clean My Shelves" giveaway! I visited your blog from there and even though you're just beginning, you have a really great tone that's really nice to read. I've put you in my google reader and wish you the very best of luck!

    ReplyDelete