Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Where do I start?

Like the title says, "Where do I start?" As I begin this new journey in my life I have to start by deciding what all I wish to do with this blog. Although it will primarily cover Historicals, I will also be covering some paranormal and some contemporary. I guess in other words, what happens to catch my fancy at the time. LOL I have ADD so I tend to bounce around at times.

I would like to also focus on new breakout authors. Find out how they got started, what motivated them, where they got the ideas for their first stories, things like that. After all, they are what keep things new and interesting in the market. Besides, us romance junkies need them too. LOL

Another thing I will be doing is posting links to all my reviews on MyShelf.com . I'll also be giving you peeks at who my all time favorites are, why historicals are so close to my heart, how I got started reading them, etc.

I also plan on having guest bloggers. Like I said, I'm new to all of this so it may take me a while to get up to speed on how to bring the guests in. I welcome any and all suggestions. If you see somewhere I've made a boo boo, please let me know.

So now you know what some of my ideas are.

I'd like to thank someone who has become a dear friend in a very short time. I was blessed with the opportunity of reviewing her first novel. Since then she has managed to encourage me to start branching out on my own and start writing. She is a wonderful sweet lady with a wonderful sense of humor. She did an awesome job on her first novel. I hope you will check out her book and her website. I am talking about VICKY DREILING. Author of HOW TO MARRY A DUKE. She will be the focus of my first author highlite. And, maybe, my first guest blogger. I have to figure out how all the blog stuff works first.

There you have it. I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship. Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

  1. Vicky IS a great gal. Glad to hear you're taking the plunge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Gail. That means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete